Registration Closed on 12:00 PM April 21 2017.
Thank You For Our SPONSORS For Donating $1000 In Prize Money To Be Awarded To The Gold Medal Winner Of The Senior Elite Open Division. Only Gold Medalists From The Senior Men Elite Divisions Will Qualify To Participate In The Senior Elite Open Division. MADE POSSIBLE BY:
32" FLAT SCREEN HDTV RAFFLED OFF TO THOSE PRE-REGISTERED COMPETITORS ONLY THROUGH OUR ONLINE SYSTEM
Attn: All 2017 Judo Competitors,
Welcome to our tournament web site and good luck to everyone competing in 2017. North Jersey Judo will be hosting 1 tournament this
year at the Parsippany PAL Parsippany, NJ sanctioned by USA Judo. The date will be
Sunday, April 23, 2017
Tournament competition areas will be fitted with Swain Dollamur Flexi Roll Mats
North Jersey Judo rents high quality Dollamur/Swain Flexi Roll Mats so competitors can rest easy knowing they are
competing on a high quality surface. Below you will find important information concerning this tournament. Again I
wish all competitors best of luck at the Garden State Judo Classic and throughout the 2017 Judo tournament season.
Head Instructor | North Jersey Judo
Tournament Director for 2017 Garden State Judo Classic & 2017 NJ Judo Open Championships
587 Newark Pompton Turnpike
Pompton Plains, NJ 07444
Garden State Judo Classic Sponsors
WHEN: Sunday April 23, 2017
WHERE: Parsippany PAL 33 Baldwin Road, Parsippany, NJ 07054.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE:
Anyone with a current member ship with USJF, USJI or USJA.
WHAT RULES:Modified IJF, True Double Elimination. No Chokes in any rank under Brown Belt.
2 minutes for PeeWees and Juniors, 3 minutes for Teens and Adult Novice 4 minutes for Senior Elite. In case of a tie at the end of regulation, Golden Score will be in effect.
REGISTRATION AND WEIGH IN:
- Ages 4 – 6 years old. All Ranks 9AM – 9:30am Will be grouped in pools of 3 or 4 as close to age, weight, rank as possible.
- Ages 7 – 8 years old. All Ranks 9:30AM – 10AM Will be grouped in pools of 3 or 4 as close to age, weight, rank as possible.
- Ages 9 – 10 years old 10AM – 10:30AM White to Orange & Green to Purple Will be grouped in pools of 3 or 4 as close to age, weight, ranks as possible.
- Ages 11 – 12 years old 10:30AM – 11AM White to Orange & Green to Purple Will be grouped in regular divisions Light – Medium – Light Heavy - Heavy.
- TEENAGE MALE & FEMALE 11AM – 12NOON White to Orange & Green to Purple Will be grouped in regular divisions Light – Medium – Light Heavy - Heavy.
- SENIOR MALE ELITE: 12:00noon – 12:30pm A) Elite Black 132 – 145 – 161 – 178 – 198 – 220 – Heavy
- SENIOR FEMALE ELITE: Weigh in 12:00noon – 12:30pm Light – Medium – Light Heavy – Heavy
- SENIOR BROWN: 12:00noon - 1:00pm A) 132 – 145 – 161 – 178 – 198 – 220 – Heavy
- SENIOR FEMALE BROWN: Weigh in 12:00n – 12:30pm Light – Medium – Light Heavy – Heavy
- SENIOR MALE NOVICE: 12:30PM - 1pm A) 132 – 145 – 161 – 178 – 198 – 220 – Heavy WHITE TO GREEN
- SENIOR FEMALE NOVICE: Weigh in 12:30PM – 1PM Light – Medium – Light Heavy – Heavy WHITE TO GREEN
- MASTERS MEN (40yrs & older): Weigh in 1pm – 1:30PM A)OPEN RANK Light – Medium - Heavy
HOW MUCH (PLEASE NOTE NO REFUNDS):
- Competitors Registration for 1ST weight div $55.00 Online by April 22, 2017, 12Noon CHEAPEST OPTION
- Competitors Registration by mail $60.00 must be mailed in by April 19, 2017
- Competitors Registration for second division is EXTRA $20
- ALL MAILED IN REGISTRATION NON REFUNDABLE
- Competitors LATE Registration $70.00 EXTRA Division $20 at the door
All competitors in divisions 8 years old and under will receive an award for 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place. All other divisions awards for 1st, 2nd and 3rd places.
FOOD: Will be sold at the tournament site.